The Centre for Developmental Disability Health (CDDHV), an academic unit established in 1998 by the Victorian State Government to improve health outcomes for people with developmental disabilities. The Centre works with mainstream healthcare providers to build professional level understanding in relation to the health and healthcare issues of people with disabilities. Our aim is to build the capacity of mainstream health services to optimise health, function and wellbeing and therefore to enhance the quality of life for people with disabilities.
Better Lives through Better Health.
CDDHV activities include:
- Leadership and scholarship in the field of Developmental Disability Health;
- Research programs to build knowledge and evidence in relation to the health and healthcare of people with developmental disabilities & CDDHV educational interventions;
- Health professional education in Developmental Disability Health;
- Clinical support and consultancy for health professionals in Developmental Disability Health;
- Clinical placement for health professional student, registrars and practitioners;
- Education and training for disability staff in matters relating to the health and healthcare of people with disabilities.
Please note that the CDDHV fax number has changed to 9902 4974
Teaching and learning resource: The Health and Disability: Partnerships in Action package comprising 6 DVDs, a textbook and student and tutor guides is now available at a cost of $495.00 (plus postage and handling)
Please contact Deanne de Kretser on 9902 4467 or email@example.com to place your order